HELP US BUILD THE GALLERY
Help build this gallery by sending your photos (and stories) that show evidence of our disappearing past.
HERE TODAY ............................................................ GONE TOMORROW
Bonter Marine - Highway 7 West
Disappearing Cordova Mines, actually. Click here to read Anthony Seabreeze's memories.
In Memory of Wenyred, daughter of A.G. Warren, Aug 16, 1902
Old farm equipment
Demolition of "Ember's Restaurant" 13 Forsyth St. Video by Doug Prindle 8 Madoc Street
Snake rail fencing near Glanmire
Matthew & Bursthall Sts. -Tom O'Neill sent this photo of Jim Nichol and asked 'What happened to that old barn
This wooden plaque, located a few steps north of H-way 7,on the west bank of the Crowe River stands in a bed of poison ivy and reads: THE RIVERSIDE CHEESE FACTORY was built on this site during the 1890's. Although only a two man operation, production was in excess of 800 pounds per day. Only cheddar cheese was made.The cheese factory was torn down when it became economically unfeasible to continue operations. (Click here for more)
Remember Beckers at the south end of Forsyth Street? Here's Jane McKenzie & Rob Robson in 1970 considering a coke. Picture by Tom O'Neill
The four pictures below show an abandoned area south of Mary St., near the mine road, where kids regularly hung out practising trap shooting. (W. Vanvolkenburg)
Submitted by Wayne VanVolkenburg, these two photos indicate what is left of the tennis courts built by Bethlehem Steel for their executive houses located behind the Township garage, just off Iroquois Street & No. 7 Highway. It was a regular hangout for kids in the '60s.
The Beaver Creek Bridge at Crowe River