84 Forsyth Street - Ella Lawlor's Nursing Home
We don't know too much about this house, other than it was built in 1884 and was used as a nursing home delivering babies for many years. We'd like to compile a list of babies born here, so be sure to let us know if you have information.
- To Pat & Marion Bertrand, a daughter on 22 Jan.
- To Mr. & Mrs. Gordon Seeney, a son on Dec.28
- Joan Smith Warren, Nov 1
- Dan TerrionOct. 24,
- Regina Ellis, but we dont' know what year
- To Mr. & Mrs. John Clairmont, a daughter on July 9
- To Mr. & Mrs. Wm. Meehan, a daughter on July 20
- Margaret Elaine McCoy b. July 21. Parents: Mr. & Mrs. Carl McCoy
- May 30, Ken Brooks, son of Daisy and George Brooks of Deloro,
- James David Cotton b. April 8. Parents: Mr. & Mrs. Harry Cotton
- Mr. & Mrs. Gerald Warren, a daughter on Jan. 4
- To Mr. & Mrs. Albert Layton, a son on Jan. 10
- To Mr. & Mrs. Vincent Lynch, a son on Feb. 28
- To Mr. & Mrs. Eugene Phillips, a son(Bill?) March 4
- To Mr. & Mrs. Don Shannon, a son(Leo?) April 30
Wayne VanVolkenburgDec 17
Dennis O'Connor wrote: I think I was born there. Mum and Dad always said I was born in a house near the beer store but I never knew just where.
- Ellen Anne O'Connor
- Leo O'Connor
- To Mr. & Mrs. Arthur Acorn, a son on Sept. 26
- To Mr. & Mrs. Wm. Murphy, a daughter on Sept. 23
- Catherine Murray
- Dennis Callery Sept 3
- To Mr. & Mrs. James Walker, a son on Aug. 3
- To Mr. & Mrs. Borden Bell, a daughter on June 10
- To Mr. & Mrs. Norman Sopha, a son on Oct. 22
- Cecelia Murray
- Connie (Bell) Wellman1952
- To Mr. & Mrs. Charles Hulsman, a daughter on Dec. 27
- Joanne Elizabeth Logan b. May 17. Parents: Mr. & Mrs. Charles Logan
- To Mr. & Mrs. Leslie Gazley, a son, on March 17
- To Mr. & Mrs. Kenneth Snider, a daughter, on Mar. 19
- To Mr. & Mrs. William Doyle, a son, Oct. 22
- To Mr. & Mrs. Albert Leonard, a daughter, Sharon Elizabeth, on Aug. 26
- Jim Logan
- Isobel Mary Cole
- Vince Lynch
- Harold Hewitt
- Dan Terrion
- Douglas Nobes
- Sheryl J. Loucks Mom told me I was born there
- Penny Barrons I was born there, but don't remember the occasion very clearly.
- Charlie McKinnon
- Bob Vesterfelt
- Infant Campbell
- 2 Tandys
Others who lived in this house:
Mike Empey: I lived in that house as well as a child. My grandparents still live next door. But when I lived there, it's neighbor was Beckers owned by the Wells.
Annmarie Willman-Spry wrote: We were in that house when Isabelle & Dorly Hartin lived there. Beautiful house.
Lynda Woodcoxwrote: My grandmother Florence lived there for quite sometime. House has a lot of history.
Janie Reidwrote: I lived there as a child and loved that house , would love to know the history ofit !