11 MAIN STREET - the home of Marmora's first Reeve
One of the oldest homes of Marmora still standing, the building at 11 Main Street was built in 1882, and represents that era of Marmora's history when the village existed mostly on Main Street.
Joseph H. Warren(1857-1910) moved from Colborne to establish himself as a carriage maker and blacksmith in this building, and lived here until he died in 1910. He was Marmora's first Reeve when the Village was separately incorporated in 1901 Other members on that first council were John Dempsey, William W. Hubbell, Dan Dunlay and John McWilliams. Appreciated for his long service to the community, council presented him with a gold headed cane.