THE VILLAGE HOUSE TOUR

Click on the house to learn more

 
#1 - 43 Forsyth st dunlay/hanley/stephens

#1 - 43 Forsyth st dunlay/hanley/stephens

#2 - 47 Forsyth st rathbun/ clair- mont/philpot

#2 - 47 Forsyth st rathbun/ clair- mont/philpot

#3 - 55 forsyth st   - carscallen/young

#3 - 55 forsyth st - carscallen/young

# 4 - 65 forsyth st.   gladney/philpot

#4 - 65 forsyth st. gladney/philpot

#5 - 84 Forsyth St.   ELLA LAWLOR'S NURSING HOME

#5 - 84 Forsyth St. ELLA LAWLOR'S NURSING HOME

#16   5 Bursthall street josiah pearce/ william shannon house

#16 5 Bursthall street josiah pearce/ william shannon house

# 15 -   11 Bursthall St. Clairmont/frost house

#15 - 11 Bursthall St. Clairmont/frost house

#  14 16 Burstall StThe united church parsonage

# 14 16 Burstall StThe united church parsonage

13

# 17 - Known as the Aukland house, John Murray and his wife Catherine McGrath moved to this house in 1927 and were living there when John died in 1942. Also owned by Rob Booth (No further info)

#22- The Steenburg house, ,then Ken, Pat, Jason & Jackie Derry.

#27   16 Main Street The Nichol House and Bakery

#27 16 Main Street The Nichol House and Bakery

12 The Marett House

#18 The White Hall, built as a hall for the anglican Church , used as a school in 1910 & sold in 1974. now a residence. No further information

#  23  -  the Froats/welch house on Crawford Drive

# 23 - the Froats/welch house on Crawford Drive

#28 Manager's house of Marmora Cooperage Company - 75 Main Street

#28 Manager's house of Marmora Cooperage Company - 75 Main Street

#11 H.R. PEARCE HOUSE, 29 bursthall st

#11 H.R. PEARCE HOUSE, 29 bursthall st

#18a 10 Hayes Street

#18a 10 Hayes Street

#  24   18 McGill St. Bentley/Marett/Peacock

# 24 18 McGill St. Bentley/Marett/Peacock

#10 Jones/ Horvath/ Wood House, Bursthall St. & Highway 7,

#10 Jones/ Horvath/ Wood House, Bursthall St. & Highway 7,

19 pearce house

20 bleecker house

#25 1 Main St. - Pentacostal church, sweets bakery

#25 1 Main St. - Pentacostal church, sweets bakery

#30  -  5/7 Forsyth St. Dr. Parkin

#30 - 5/7 Forsyth St. Dr. Parkin

# 6  -  56 Forsyth St.   stearn/rothermel/perkins

#6 - 56 Forsyth St. stearn/rothermel/perkins

#7 -48 Forsyth St. Dr. Taft/campbell/vesterfelt

#8 46 Forsyth - Helen, arnold (sally) and Cathie Jones

#8 46 Forsyth - Helen, arnold (sally) and Cathie Jones

9

9

#21 55 Madoc St. The crawford/Shannon house

#21 55 Madoc St. The crawford/Shannon house

# 26 11 Main St. home of 1st reeve Joseph Warren

#26 11 Main St. home of 1st reeve Joseph Warren

#31 - 39 mcgill street, The Walter deacon house

#31 - 39 mcgill street, The Walter deacon house

71 Forsyth St.........ELY CLAIRMONT HOUSE

71 Forsyth Street 2017

104 Forsyth Street 2017

71 Forsyth Street was originally the home of Ely Clairmont, one of two brothers who were blacksmiths,  having come to Marmora in the early 1850s from Quebec,  to set up shop, probably lured by the iron works. To read more about his brother, Charles, click here.

This house is 104 Forsythe St. Marmora. It was built by James (Jim) Martin in approximately the 1940s. Jim & Sabina Martin along with their 6 boys lived here during the winter & then lived at their white cottage at the end of Quinn Rd during the summer. (Info from Karen Gravelle)